Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving and Antique tiles??



Minton Hollins Animal series turkey tile 6"
 
It may be a stretch, but  how can I not write something about the connection?  So today I'm sharing Thanksgiving antique tile images and thankful thoughts. 




Wedgwood Banquet series 6" tile

I am thankful to have "discovered" antique tiles.  I still marvel at the glazes, the beauty and the history. 
I am intrigued by the mysteries; obscure makers, odd designs, unknown artists. I enjoy glimpses into past "fads" and giggle at  many tile motto's.
I am thankful for the travel, tile friends, and all that I've learned. I am thankful that I am to be interested in antique tiles and that I am able to work at something I so enjoy! 


Wedgwood Banquet series 6" tile

I am thankful to be at home today.  I remember several Thanksgiving days spent "on the road" travelling to shows.   Roadside diners and Thanksgiving dinner....Ah, yes.

I am thankful for the many tiles sold and the stories shared by their new owners.  I'm also very sure that those who have installed antique tiles are most thankful to be done with their projects.  Fingers crossed for the several who had today  as their project completion date.  Hopefully,  no hasty changes to the Thanksgiving plans...roadside diner, anyone??

I am thankful that many antique tiles have survived!   Their beauty and versatility keeps them popular with collectors.  I am thankful for everyone who are just discovering antique tiles.  
Wedgwood Plymouth Scene 6"
Where ever you are today enjoy the images and your day.  Have another piece of pie.
Want to see more tile? Please visit www.antiquearticles.com and www.antiquetileladies.blogspot.com

 










No comments:

Post a Comment